Maybe it's just a deck out the back, a bathroom refit, a kitchen remodel, or a lick of paint to freshen up the walls. Maybe it's something bigger, like adding a couple of extra bedrooms, a games room, or a garage. Or maybe you decide to go the whole hog and transform your tiny shack into a palatial mansion in a project more accurately described as a home rebuild than a home improvement!
Whatever the scope of your project, reliable information can make the difference between a dream home and a nightmare money-pit. I've gathered here in one place articles from specialists all over the web, on all aspects of renovation and home improvement.
- Local Contractor Finder: Find contractors in your local area, ready to quote on any project large or small.
- Building Your Own Home Is Not Insane: Preparation is vital, and you need to make sure that you can account for anything that could go wrong.
- Top Tips for Decorating a Modern Bathroom: Modern design exudes clinical efficiency, zen-like simplicity, and sleek high-contrast beauty to create a stunning and impactful bathroom.
- Top Tips for Decorating an Antique Bathroom: Your antique bathroom is designed, first and foremost, to give your home a comfortable, warm, and distinctly ‘lived-in’ ambiance.
- Top Tips for Decorating Your Antique or Modern Bathroom: One of the earliest design decisions a homeowner makes when remodeling her bathroom is a relatively simple one: is this bathroom going to have a distinctive modern style, or a more antique personality?
- Lawn Sprinkler Layout: Sprinkler layout design with spray patterns.
- Floor Lamps: How to creatively decorate using floor lamps.
- Exterior Copper Detailing: Exterior copper detailing is solid gold in home sales.
- Window Locks: Window locks close a window of opportunity for the burglar.
- Interior Decorating For The Single Man: The way your home looks reflects on who you are as a person, and influences how other people judge you. When you are a single guy, there are certain things you want to evoke in the various aspects of your life. You want to appear successful, confident, mature, sophisticated, and even a little sexy. Your home can help you do this, but you have to have a plan.
- The Steam Shower: Your home spa.
- Background Decor: The art of creating walls which personify your style.
- Indoor Wall Fountains: Home decor face lift with minimal work, and indoor wall fountain.
- Slipcovers: How to transform tired furniture, without blowing your budget.
- Dewalt Table Saw: One of the most common Dewalt power tools you will find in any garage, work shop, or new home job site is the dewalt table saw.
- Foyer Lighting: Lighting the foyer: offer a well-lit welcome.
- Sound Proofing Wooden Floors: Wooden floors do not need to be noisy!
- Best Marble Tiles: Where in the world do the best marble tiles come from?
- Basic Home Decorating Considerations: Decorating a home is about finding a comfortable balance between the different furnishings in the space.
- Steam Showers: Long gone are the days when your shower was just a small area to have a wash or cool down in the heat of a hot summer's day.
- Free Christmas Decorating eBook: 50 great Christmas decorating ideas on the tightest budget.